Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Hi, I’m Lindy Ver Beek (age 33) and this is my husband, Dustin (age 35). We live in Zeeland, Michigan with our three awesome kids, Brooklyn (age 6), Maxwell (22 months) and Samantha (22 months).

God has brought us through many trials in the last few years, including the still birth of our daughter (and revival), loss of our family business, breast cancer, death of a parent and now brain cancer to name a few of the ‘biggies’. Despite this, we have so much to be thankful for. Read our posts to follow our story. May our story be a blessing to you and give you hope for your own future.

We are settled into our room at Spectrum (Butterworth) Hospital. I had a CT scan of my abdomen and pelvis last night around 10 p.m. I don’t have the results of that. They did a brain MRI at 12:30 a.m. and we got the results of those today. It turns out I have six tumors. Three are quite large and are the ones causing the head pain and nausea. Two are “normal” size and one is very small. The PA from the neurosurgeon’s office said since I had so many of them that surgery isn’t an option in their opinion. She said they would just grow somewhere else in the brain or grow in the same spot. The PA from Dr. VanderWoude’s office came about an hour ago and said it’s Stage IV cancer and the prognosis isn’t good. We still have to meet with the Radiation Oncology Team. My bone scan is scheduled at 3 p.m.

I’m terrified. I cannot bear the thought of leaving my kids without a mom. I know I shouldn’t go there yet because we don’t know the exact prognosis, but that’s where my mind goes. They’re too little. I have to raise them. I’m their mom. I want to be there for them. This is a horrible thing to have to process.

Please pray for:
Results of my bone scan to be cancer free.
Peace and God’s presence, love and comfort in our lives. I want to hear his voice.
Our kids. Brooklyn is only six, Max and Samantha are 1 1/2 years old. Even if the prognosis were good, this still isn’t fair to them to have their mom away from them.
Our parents. They are our rock for our family. Please pray for strength, peace, endurance and energy to keep up with our kids (my parents are taking care of them right now).
My friends. I have great friends and Jill has been with me every step of the way. She’s even here right now. Pray that we will not grow weary. I HAVE to beat this. It’s not a choice. God is the great physician and can work miracles. PRAY FOR A MIRACLE!

Labels: , ,


posted by Angie Seaman at 6:58 AM |


0 Comments:

This blog is intended for those individuals requesting prayer for themselves or someone they know who needs prayer as well. Whether we know you personally or whether you are just a passer by on this blog, we would love to lift you or someone you know up in prayer.

Do you have a praise? If so, we'd love to hear about that and share Gods blessings as well. The bible states that for two or more people who come together in agreement of prayer will have their prayers answered. Therefore, this place is our place to lift one another up when prayer calls all while knowing that there are not just two but hundreds of us in agreement.

Want to keep things anonymous, we can do that too. Either post anonymously on the blog or feel free to shoot me an email at Angie@AngelicaGraceDesigns.com. No matter what, your prayers are safe with us should you not want names and full details released to the blog world.

In His Grip,
Angie Seaman